Friday, August 5, 2011

Studio Work

It's no secret that we love tweaking our buildings. We can't help ourselves. This summer's building project is on a shoestring budget. I'm the general contractor which is usually Chris' job. I am having fun. Of course, this project is miniscule compared to our previous projects and therefore not as many details. My heart goes pitter patter every time I look out the back door and spy my studio/classroom. That space has housed our baby chicks, our meals when we were remodeling, our stuff when we had nowhere else to put it, laundry facilities, art supplies and projects, I'm sure I've forgotten something. It's been our overflow space since we moved into our 900 square foot house, mostly to store things we aren't using, don't need, don't even know we own. Do you have a space like that, things like that? This garage is being reborn as a dedicated art studio and a homeschooling classroom. I've dreamt of a dedicated art space for 25 years. Twenty five! Wow, I am so darn excited. Sheetrock goes up starting Monday. I may have this done by my birthday on August 15th. Happy Birthday to me. There will be more progress and photos next week, stay tuned.

Clearing things out...

Continuing to clear things out...

Insulation going in...

No comments:

Post a Comment