Thursday, August 11, 2011

Studio Work: Rock On



The sheetrock is up and mostly taped. Doesn't it look inviting? They will be putting a smooth finish on the walls. For those of you from the east coast saying, "duh, what other kind of finish would you put on your walls?" Let me tell you simply; Texture. I'm committed to letting the boys explore fully this world and am, frankly too lazy to wash it all up every twenty minutes, I'm not messing with any old world texture. Smooth finish, if you please. Easy to clean. Nice to look at.

I am contemplating selling my jewelers bench. It's a hard decision. But, truthfully it is a tiny space, 16 by 22, and has to fulfill two roles. One: a homeschooling space, eventually for both boys. Two: my art studio, would you like to see a list of the art that will go on in here? Clay, both slab and wheel; small metals, mostly jewelry; glass bead making; sewing; textile decorating including, dying, batiking, weaving (maybe); painting; book making - I'm not finished, but you get the idea. I have to get rid of many things. I have been slow as a snail to rid us of the things that clog our space and truly get in the way of living a full and free life. In here I can start from a clean slate and I intend to have only what we need housed here. I'll let you know how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment