Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Studio Work: My Helpers & Shopvac Love


My heart goes a-pitter-patter when I'm in a hardware store. I love tools, preferably power tools, and things to build with; corrugated metal, adhesives, paint, tiles, wood, hardware in its many forms, rope, drop cloths, oh the list goes on! This weekend, in preparation for finishing off the studio I needed to run out with the family to score some supplies. Chris, I should mention, also has a house project going right now and was collecting items for that as well - he's finishing off the loft safety railing. While Chris was collecting his items the boys and I went to the paint section to gather what we needed for that project. Coleman and Max were highly disappointed when I told them the studio is getting painted all white on the inside. Disappointed maybe isn't the right word, mad might be a better word. They chose a number of colors for the inside, all of them nice, maybe not together, but not what I'm shooting for. I am thinking of caving on one surface, for the ceiling they chose a lovely blue. While we were there we also picked up a shopvac to keep our new and precious space in decent shape. The shopvac turned out to be a big hit for each of us, for different reasons. The boys liked taking turns using it, at first to vacuum their hair and shirts and then the much needed removal of plaster dust and general dirt in there. I liked it because I've always wanted my own shopvac - and it will keep this space tidy and that's a step in the direction of organized in my mind.

Life is Good.

Me and Hawkeye.

No comments:

Post a Comment