Thursday, July 18, 2013

friends with fruit

This time of year is so bountiful. Fruit, veg and more fruit. The fruit season began in my own back yard this June with Olallieberries; a cross between a loganberry and a youngberry, each itself a cross between a blackberry and raspberry. Um, can you say YUM? Out of all the thorny things in my yard, these olallieberries are the only ones I would like to keep. Maybe that beautiful orange rose bush, too. But the rest of the thorny things can just go, go, go! I also have meyer lemons (they too have thorns, and they can stay also) just dropping from the tree at the moment. As if that were not enough, it has been warm enough recently to have some very delicious mission figs from my favorite tree in the yard. I love to share these fruits with my friends. And in turn they share theirs with us. This week I whipped up a little plum jam with the numerous plumbs my friend Kerith shared with us.

What's in your garden right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment