Monday, July 15, 2013

eat: yummy brick of nuts and seeds


Every now and then I get a surge of energy to experiment in the kitchen. Recently I found a wonderful site called My New Roots. What a fount of healthy recipes and nutritional information! I have so many recipes to pluck from this site and make my own. I chose to start with her Life Changing Loaf of Bread. I have little hope my lovely children with find this appealing visually, but Max said it smelled delicious... It's a start.

I made this almost exactly as she wrote, but instead of 1 Tbs of maple syrup I used 2 Tbs. Also, I don't have a flexible silicon bread pan and really wish I had used parchment paper to assist in removing this from the pan. I was unable to remove it so I left it in the pan until I thought it was cooked. It wasn't and I had to yank it out - loosing a small chunk in the process - and put it back into the oven sans pan (as instructed).

A list of this breads virtues:
It's vegan
gluten free
protein rich
fiber rich
easy to tidy up after making - you make it right in the pan!
It's so pretty

Okay, now it's your turn to try making this bread, follow this link to get the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment