Monday, July 8, 2013

create: together

This summer is already a winner in my book. The boys actually like their swim lessons and various camp adventures, we have had wonderful weather and I've already had two great days with the metals community I am a part of. Wednesday, July 3rd I took my boys along for the creative journey. I'm so glad I did! We took part in a cuttlefish casting party and pot luck at a fellow metalsmith's home in Aptos. Along with the wonderful human company there were miniature donkeys to admire.

The boys and I each made a little silver piece. We prepared the cuttlefish bone and carved it with our own designs. I then wired the two sides of the bone together (carved side to flat side), melted some silver and poured it into the molds we made. All three were successful and now we've just got to clean them up! I'll post the final product in a couple weeks when we're all done. Meanwhile, enjoy a few pictures from our little art adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment