Wednesday, June 26, 2013

| memories |


Ah, summer always brings me back to being a kid. Do you remember being a kid? I have vague memories of my childhood. The memories I cherish most I cannot replicate for my children. I remember family gatherings at my Nana's house. Her backyard filled with her many children and their offspring. Swimming in that lovely blue pool of hers, diving off the diving board. Grampy always said there was a shark in the deep end and I figured I ought to be careful, so after diving I would swim as fast as I could into the shallow end or to the side and right out of the pool as quick as I could. I remember family surrounding me and lots and lots of love. I remember the love and simple warmth of being a part of something whole and wonderful.

This past weekend the boys camped out in the back yard with some friends. Roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire. Stayed up late. Played video games. Rode their bikes at the bike park - after riding from a friend's house to the park! Swam in a big creek. Went to the movies and ate junk food and drank soda. I'm hoping these moments weave themselves into the fibers of their memories as precious ones and bring them as much joy remembering them as they had living them.

I hope everyone's summer is wonderful so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment