Thursday, June 27, 2013

Eat: gluten & dairy free breakfast food

I've been trying to get back to my GF and DF diet of late. It's hard. You really need a plan when you change your diet so significantly while the rest of the crew (whom you prepare meals for) remains happily and blissfully gluten and dairy full. Breakfast is important, not for the usual reasons, but because it is important you don't start the day doing exactly what you don't want to do by having a latte and a piece of buttered toast (which is to say the very thing I do want). This little cereal mix is filling and with enough raisins is quite sweet - no refined sugar for me right now. You can use just about any nuts and dried fruit, I really like puffed rice and almonds so they are always in the mix for me. Coconut milk takes a bit of getting used to because it has a slightly thick consistency, but I've grown to enjoy it.


The other delish dish I enjoy in the morning can actually be eaten at any hour for any meal or even for a snack. It consists of Brown rice, avocado, almonds and salad dressing - olive oil and balsamic - and lots of black pepper. Pretty simple. Very easy.

What are you eating these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment