Monday, June 24, 2013

Grateful: Special Places & Friends


There are many things to be grateful for each day. Every day I am grateful for the friendships we have forged here in this place we now call home (we've been in CA for 8 years!). I'm sure I've said before that it has been a stretch for me, outside of New England, being here on the west coast. It's rather like another country, we speak the same language, yes. But language is a funny thing. Just because you understand the words, doesn't necessarily mean you will understand the people. One thing is for certain, though when you push your own comfortable envelope, that's when you will have a chance to understand yourself better.

This weekend we had some of the boy's friends over for a sleepover and day adventure(s). One little trek we did was to The Garden of Eden in Felton. It's one of those magical places for walking and swimming and just plain being. I hope to get there a few times this summer with the boys and whoever else we can bring along for the adventure. But we'll have to leave Kitty home next time, no dogs allowed. So glad we missed the Ranger giving out tickets. I think they cost a couple hundred dollars these days. Indeed I would be able to engage more with the kids anyhow without worrying about Kitty who can't stand to be in the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment