Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rain, Chickens, Baking


I was going to title this post "Rain, Rain, Go Away". But I've decided to complain less. Be more positive. It has to be good for you and the people around you. Karma. I saw a quote recently online: "You become what you think", or something like that. I think that is somewhat true. True enough to think more good things than bad. We can think ourselves into such a tizzy. I'm working on getting my Zen on. That's really what I want to share with my wild children. Calm, compassion, love, happiness. Therefor, less complaining. I've got to start somewhere.

During this rainy weekend I've spent some time baking. I hiked in the rain with Kitty yesterday, awesome hike. The boys have built a cool Lego world and continue to perfect it. I've spent a little too much time on my computer. Chris is going to try to fit a bike ride in before the rain starts up again this afternoon. We've had a good weekend. Tonight we're going to a pot luck with Max's class. We were supposed to be camping this weekend with them, but the rain was significant enough to change plans.



I baked Nana's blueberry muffins (a Jordan Marsh recipe I think) only we used strawberries because that's what we had. Slightly less fabulous than the blueberry version. We'll do a re-do on those later this week. I love those darn muffins! Find the recipe here!

For dinner last night I made the guys a calzone each and I had a much craved for pizza with caramelized onions, ricotta and sun dried tomatoes. Dinner was yummy for all. I have to work on getting them all out at once, because by the time I sat down for dinner Coleman was finished and ready to leave the table. Ah, social graces. We're all in need of some over here at Tese's Place. We're a pack of wolves ripe and ready to for finishing school.


There was a break in the rain today and Max chased around some of our chickens - just to give them some much needed love, mind you.

What did you all cook up for dinner and do for fun this weekend? Post me a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Dave was at Paul and Lisa's this weekend, so it was just us girls. Stayed up too late and didn't eat enough veggies! Oddly, Wallis's school camping trip was rained out last weekend, so we had a potluck BBQ on the beach yesterday instead. It was a perfect day. And I'm sure you don't care about hockey, so I won't mention it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely knew it was hockey season. :) Does sound like a perfect day. Potlucks are awesome, Max lives for them. You say "potluck" and Max gets all psyched and can hardly contain himself. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete