Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Field Trip Friday! Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum



Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet. Last Friday was our first FTF of the summer. The boys and I, along with our pals Aaron and Sean drove to San Jose to visit the Egyptian Museum. Such beautiful grounds, such wonderful artifacts to look at. I had planned to read up on the exhibits before hand and talk to the boys about them. The experience didn't go exactly as I had envisioned. It was a bit like a pinball machine with 4 balls in play, nĂ©, 5, (including me). I had fun anyhow, I loved listening to their questions and the answers they had for one another. I think the boys had fun too. 

We had a docent led tour of the tomb, which is a compilation of several tombs in Egypt. We learned The Egyptians of the time didn't believe people actually died, but that their spirit went on to an afterlife. However, if your heart was heavy with guilt you were not permitted into the afterlife, and you ceased to exist. We (humans) have such a need to understand what happens to us once we are no longer breathing. I remember Coleman asking about what happens to a person when s/he dies when he was not quite 4. I don't remember what Chris and I told him, but I remember he decided he wanted to become snake food in order to become one with the snake (when he was done using his body, of course). I wish I had written down exactly what he said, it was more complicated than that...another tangent...It's a nice thought that we get to live in another dimension when we no longer live in this one.





Take a look at their feet - not one foot is actually on the ground.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this!!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete