Thursday, October 18, 2012

Parkour: I'm not bored

They had to move back and forth three or four times while hanging from the balance beam.

Lately I've heard some desperately sad piffles about boredom. I may have said similar things when I was a child, I don't know. But as an adult, I just don't understand how you can be bored. I try not to respond to "I'm bored, there's nothing to do" with annoyance. What they really want to say is: "Please let me use the computer some more, I need a pixel fix." Parkour is a quick remedy to boredom and a really wonderful outlet for channeling serious energy overload.

The guys go to Vargas Academy in Scotts Valley. Some weeks it is difficult to get there because we're tired or have a lot of homework. The traffic can suck. But we keep on going because it's such a great thing for them. Parkour is also called running gymnastics, I think of it as ninja training, the guys just think of it as what they do at home but in a gym with a teacher and some cool props.

They climbed up the rope to the ceiling and rang a bell, and then back down.



No comments:

Post a Comment