Tuesday, October 16, 2012

House Work: Bathroom Remedy

Chris' office is the last building that needs some love here at 2730. Sadly there's no time and no money for that to happen. There is no insulation, no heat, and recently the icky little bathroom stopped functioning. The toilet went. What kick started this project was that kayak trip we took. That trip made me realize that I could do the impossible. So I set about with a task; fix that bathroom with just a little bit of money and a lot of effort. I figured some paint, a new toilet and a new faucet, how hard could that be? Well, the waste pipe is a couple inches too high and that wasn't just one linoleum floor to remove, but two, the walls are delicate to say the least. I can deal.

Removing the flooring in that bathroom reminded me a lot of paddling in the slough. I wasn't getting very far for all the work I was doing. It was painful, back-ache kind of work, too. So I borrowed some tools from a contractor friend of ours and tried that. It went faster but was still slow going, and toxic to boot. But I am determined to make this little bathroom work again. Every spare moment I had this past week was put to use in that space. It's still under way, but you can see my progress below:



No comments:

Post a Comment