Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer

Summer has arrived. Coleman started Junior Guards this Monday. It's just the perfect amount of time on the beach, 3 hours spent stretching, running, swimming and learning about water safety and eventually life guarding (I think that comes in about four years). It is a little crazy getting there in the car because everyone and their brother or sister seem to do JG. Monday afternoon I dropped Coleman off so he wouldn't be late and I parked that car. Well, he was nervous and it took me a really long time to find a spot which was really far away from the beach. Anyhow, by the time I got there he was already settled in and having fun. But I found out from him later that day that he was so scared that he was crying and a kind parent helped him find his way to the right tent on the beach. I felt pretty badly that he was upset, but he seemed over it already so I didn't say anymore. So, tomorrow we are going to ride our bikes down there so we don't have to deal with parking. The trick will be riding home all the way up hill after a few hours exercising in the sun. I figure we can always walk the bikes up the really hard part of the hill. We'll see how we do. It'll be a chance for me to get some much needed exercise and to get the kids in super shape for their lives ahead. It's good for them, right? So far he has wanted to go to the beach each day after getting home from the Guards, so I think that's a good sign.

The waves were really big tonight at Capitola Beach. It isn't often we see them like this. The boys did a little body surfing at sunset.

Kitty is growing into a fine young dog. She's somewhere around 5 or 6 months old now. She's almost finished loosing her teeth. She's just lovely. We're looking forward to showing her off in Massachusetts this summer when we visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment