Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bikes, Fruit and a Tree Fort

Max has learned how to ride his bike without training wheels! And he absolutely love to ride his bike now. He's doing really well. He even rides around the BMX track by the dog park with Coleman.

Our blackberries are ripening. The are so absolutely scrumptious. We've got more than we can eat out there - though it isn't very easy to pick them! It takes a lot of time if you are trying to get out of there with some flesh left on your arms and hands. Very thorny things they are, but worth the effort.

My first tomato, looks like they'll probably be in full ripened mode by the time we've been in Massachusetts for a couple of weeks! My only wish is that they will still be producing when we get back.

I'm amazed at the size and number of apples on our one of our apple trees. This is the one I trimmed this spring.

Here's a shot of the tree fort almost finished. It is finished at this point, but we've got some flags to put up and a little decorating to do. I'll post some more pictures later of the final product. Though, I'm sure it will be ever changing...


It's about two feet higher than I actually thought it would be. The carpenter/architect started the thing at the level I wanted the platform, but the platform is actually two feet higher.

I've got some packing to do and a dog to walk and kids to entertain, so I can't stay and chat. But there will be more soon. Nana is getting ready to come out here to assist in getting things ready to move and start construction.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment