Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Compassionate Max


Rocking Horse Ranch has a monthly newsletter. I usually just skim over it, but for some reason, perhaps the simple opportunity to read uninterrupted, I sat this morning and read the whole thing. I found a paragraph about our very special almost five year old, written by the preschool owner, Nancy:

"When I was sitting on the grass, holding one new little boy who was crying at the top of his lungs, I was surprised when this almost five year old boy came over and sat right next to me...I mean it was loud! But this "big boy", Max was not the least bit deterred...He just looked over at my screaming friend and said "....I've got a dog". Well immediately, the screaming stopped and my little charge replied, albeit while sniffling; "...I've got a dog....her name is Ginger" To which Max countered with "My dog's name is Ginger-Kitty". Now I think he was just making that up, in an obvious attempt to "join with" my little buddy..."

Well, Max didn't make G. Kitty's name up. But he did make Edward, the "little boy" feel better just talking to him. I felt really proud to read this about Max. He's a really special big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment