Tuesday, April 14, 2009

To The Max


Max is so MAX in all that he does. His volume, his velocity, he just doesn't stop. Doesn't stop to listen, to finish his breakfast, lunch or dinner, doesn't stop unless he physically runs into something. And when that happens, look out. I've recently decided that I have to help him pause. I'd like to guide him towards calmness and, if not contemplation, then at least the ability to slow down long enough to process what someone is saying to him. He's easy to anger, yet also readily laughs and smiles. Loves potty talk, nothing could make him laugh harder than a good poop joke.

Our Easter guest, Phillipa recommended readingeggs.com for him. It's an online Australian reading program that is geared towards what motivates boys to learn. It's very clever, and Max is enjoying doing his lessons each morning. He knows he's learning how to read and he's very proud of himself. It goes against my nature to pressure the boys into learning before they are ready, but Max is curious about letters and spelling, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Here are some shots of Max in action over the past few weeks:




No comments:

Post a Comment