Sunday, April 5, 2009

April Vacation - Ginger Kitty


Here's a shot of Coleman enjoying a meditative moment. Ah, if it were only true.


Our sweet little pup has a name, not the default "Kitty" name I gave her. Ginger. We all just agreed. A rare moment it was, one that simply made it so. Chris has tried to change it to Suffi, which I happen to love, but the boys want no part of the whirling dervish Suffi. She's getting big. And has a new pal, Mac. He's our next door neighbor's golden retriever, a lovely dog. He's teaching her how to play fetch. She's got the go and get it part, she's still working on the bringing it back part.

You won't believe this. My kitchen was clean today, sparkling clean. Nary a dirty dish in site. Even the floor was clean. Wish I had taken a picture because it only lasted 10 minutes or less. But, I tell you it was clean. I've had a hard time getting motivated to tidy and cook and do other domestic tasks. I don't have anything else I'd rather be doing. Well, so I pruned the overgrown apple trees and raked the yard and played with the kids and the pup. How did my mother manage all this? She even had a full time job in addition to all the work she did around the house - and she actually played with us. This will always bend my mind - how did she do it?

The rain has been falling here. This is good for us, as we've been in a drought here for nearly three years. Maybe longer, we only arrived three and a half years ago. Everything is green and growing. And Blooming. I purchased seeds to sow but haven't sown a thing. Next week I've hired someone to come and clear the debris out of the back so I can plant my veggies and maybe a few more fruiting trees. I hear Bear's Limes grow well in this climate. I'm also considering a new pear tree or two and an orange tree and perhaps we'll plant a strawberry patch too. Once the space is cleared I'll be able to plan it. Chickens and food are the only things I have in my mind at the moment. How it all fits together, I'll have to figure out as I go.

Max and I have been enjoying making lemon aid with lemons from our lemon tree. We even like to make Lemon pops when we're feeling really crazy! Anything sweet for Max. He's a bit of a sugar hound. This worries me, but when I think about how much sugar I ate and craved as a kid, his consumption pales in comparison. Oh, the soda, the chocolate, the hostess cupcakes! Oh my!




Oh is that tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment