Wednesday, March 26, 2014

watch: Blackfish

image from indiewire.com


I watched Blackfish, a 2013 documentary about Tilikum, an Orca held in captivity, a few weeks ago. Today I heard part of a discussion on NPR about it and I was reminded how moved I was by this film. I recommend you watch it. I would be surprised if anyone comes away from watching this and not wish for the release of all captive Orcas (and dolphins and sealions etc.) everywhere. It's time well spent if you are curious about these animals. I was fascinated by the information about their emotional lives. They have the capacity to experience emotions more broadly and deeply than humans they have language, they have strong bonds.

If you do watch it, or already have, please let me know what you think!


a still from the movie, Orcas in the wild.



No comments:

Post a Comment