Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014 School Auction Project: Phase 2

The kids did such a wonderful job creating their feather stamps. It's time for me to put them together into a dream catcher print. I struggled with this one. Perhaps because there were so many parts and I like things to fit just so. It took me a while to get comfortable with exactly how to execute the design, but I'm on my way now, after hours of playing with the stamps and ink colors, I'm on my way! I'm using acid free paper and ink for this project. I decided to just buy a good quality drawing pad (18"x24") and use the paper from that rather than a single sheet of really good paper. I'm glad I did, I needed a lot of practice and made a lot of errors. Good drawing pads aren't cheap, mind you, but in the end I think it was a wise choice.

This week I will go back into school and have the kids make a stamped page for the book that goes with the dream catcher theme. Hopefully I will be binding this book by Saturday. Hopefully!

Dream Catcher: each child made one feather for this piece. (this isn't the final, it's crooked, I know)

No comments:

Post a Comment