Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bumps in the Road

So, I wasn't sure about writing this post. However, I thought since the events took over my mind and my ability to sleep for the past two months I'd share. Let me begin by saying: "All is well in our world". Our sweet and sometimes wild child, Max was recently diagnosed with Benign Rolandic Epilepsy of Childhood. Back in September he had a grand mal seizure and then again in October. The first event was decidedly frightening. Like, OMG kinda scary. The boys and I were alone that night and Coleman was such a tremendous assistant! Not sure what I would have done without him. The second was a cake walk and the next will be, I expect even easier to deal with. We've gone through an MRI, EEG and CAT scan looking at that lovely brain of his. His EEG showed abnormal spikes which is where the diagnosis came from. As the neurologist said if you're going to have epilepsy this is the kind you want. It's benign and he'll grow out of it. As far as dealing with it, it's predictable in that it only happens when he's asleep. For Max both events happened when he had only just fallen asleep.

As for Max, he's taking it all in stride. Juicing it at times. He has been so brave and strong through these past couple months. From the ambulance ride back in September to the MRI and all the other pokes and prods, he's just rolled with it. This boy has such character.

No comments:

Post a Comment