Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Apple Pickin' Time

My friend, Nori and I took our boys apple picking nearby recently. It was a lot of fun to watch the four boys run around the orchard. They didn't really pick apples; just the rotten ones on the ground that they threw around or rolled down the hill. Being outside on such a gorgeous day does a body good. These are the things we'd be doing with our family back home this time of year. I'm glad we're at the point that we have "family friends" that we can share these special memories with. We've been in Soquel for four years now and it's really just beginning to have that home feeling that good friends bring to a place. Massachusetts will always be home to me, but I think this place has become that to my boys. Our adventures here have really been lovely and sometimes challenging. We have made true friends here, though. And our hearts are now home on two coasts. Joy.

In their lavender garden Max reads over the shoulder of the sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment