Thursday, November 8, 2012

Eat

Kale is my new favorite food. I must confess kale scared me at first. My sister has been eating it for years, I've just been slowly taking the dive. I've been enjoying kale/pear/ginger smoothies, but kale salads are sort of a new obsession. It makes me feel healthy just looking at it, and I think it's pretty. I've even begun to crave this salad.

Ingredients
Salad:
Bunch of Kale, washed and chopped.
1/2 cup pepitas, toasted
3/4 cup diced mango, I used frozen
sprinkling of pomegranate seeds

Dressing:
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
1 clove garlic, minced
lots of fresh black pepper
little bit of salt
drizzle of agave

Mix the salad ingredients then the dressing ingredients then toss them together, combining thoroughly. It tastes best if you let it sit at least ten minutes before you dig in. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment