Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life's a Beach



No one was mortally injured today.

The waves were spectacular today. Big and bold. And a little bit scary - or very scary, depending on where you were sitting on the beach today. I often worry about the waves swallowing my boys up, but today it was what was in the wave that caused injury - a big-ass log. About 18 to 20 inches in diameter brought with the full force of a big-ass wave down onto someones ankle. Luckily not his head. The kids spent some time as spectators, they were reminded of the power of the ocean (and its contents).

We met friends Donna, Gery and Phoebe at the beach and their friends also stopped by for a little bit to play. It was a lovely day spent with friends. Each day we have like this makes me feel more settled in our place. Peace. Life is good when you decide to just be who you are and let your kids be who they are. There is a place to fit in that feels good and is right for each of us. My old rebellious self would be proud. Not quite full circle, but I can see myself again. Hi!


The log that broke the boy's ankle.
Spectators.


Max and new friend, Matty. Check out that wave, and there were bigger ones.
These birds (which I could hardly see) were in the sky for quite some time, just above the water.
We saw an old WWII plane.

Our little crew.

Chillin' Coleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment