Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Homeschooling or Peace, Love and Tea









Well, here we are. The changes here in Soquel are many. I hardly know where to begin, it has been a while since the last update. The long and the short: school wasn't working out for Coleman. So we decided to give homeschooling a shot. The first weeks were basically detox and general healing. We continue to heal and establish routines and try to come up with what works for us to get some edumacatin' done around here. Above you can see some of the activities we have found ourselves doing. Lots and Lots of hikes with the dog. Photographing amazing sites on said hikes. We search for treasures on beaches, under logs and rocks, in the trees. We play games meant to help us learn skills. Many books have been read and discussed. Art, bouncing. Karate. Yard work. Generally, things are much better around our home. There is more peace. More love between the brothers - not that it wasn't there before. It was just below that surface of pain and suffering. And, of course, a new-found love of tea for Coleman. Complete with a favorite tea cup. Just like at my own Nana's house. I would take down my favorite cup and sit down to tea with my Nana and mum. I love those little rituals that make up the crazy quilt of my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment