Thursday, March 18, 2010

Progress and Green Smoothies

Trench for chicken run fencing. I would love to say I did it. But, for $100 I got someone else to work on it. It took just over 4 hours of a pretty diligent laborer. Much more work than I could have accomplished this week. Wait, I guess I did accomplish it. I just delegated.

Boy's loft cork floor and trim. This was done last week but I don't think I showed you guys. The kids absolutely adore it. It's a very cool space, their whole room. Little bummed am I about that little pipe sticking out of the baseboard. I think it may be venting for the bathroom...

Pretty upper cabinet with seed glass.

Lower cabinets with some hardware on them. This kitchen feels so big to me - though to you all it may not. It's huge compared to the closet of a kitchen that was in the house before. Let's look at what it was like not that many months ago:

See that little piece of tiled counter in the foreground? That was the extent of my counter space. Very cute space. Totally impractical for us, though.

For St. Patrick's Day we had green peach/banana/strawberry smoothies. The color was exciting, and the fact that it was St. Patty's Day, but the boys had only a few sips. They were green, after all.

In the above picture Max is saying how delicious it is. But look at his face, doesn't it sort of look like he's grossed out? Well, Coleman is across the table saying it tastes weird and that was the final word. No more was consumed. I thought they were good. I gave Luke, one of the carpenters a big smoothie and he liked it! They didn't seem to mind the green milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment