Thursday, March 18, 2010

Max's Class Auction Project


I volunteered to work with Max's class on a project for the school auction. It happens on March 27th which gives me exactly 9 days to finish it as of right now. The kids each made 2 tiles, I had time only to glaze one from each child. But that's all I need for the mirror frame (which is the auction item I'm making). I'm excited for the final piece. It's just that there are many steps between now and the finished piece that have me a little harried.

The children made round tiles with a mandala design using sea themed stamps. I'm thinking about using tumbled glass in the spaces between the tiles, since they are round and the frame will be rectangular. It's actually an exciting project, it's just that there are a few other things going on around here right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment