Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things That Grow

Right off the bat, I have to say how much I yearn to be with my own mother this weekend. I imagine planting annuals in big pots, maybe going for a walk in the Arnold Arboretum to look at the lilacs. I'd love to sit right down in Rose's kitchen and have a sup of tea and some home baked somethin'-somethin'. Like a martian cake or a date ball cookie or Don't Mess With My Apple Pie Apple Pie, or a vegetarian chocolate cake...Above any other day of the year, this one makes me feel like being in Massachusetts. I have flowers to plant, tea to drink, a mother to appreciate and hug. I miss you Mum! Happy Mother's Day. And to GT, GM and my dear sister, sisters in law and all my good mummy friends. Happy Mum's Day.


The swamp in our backyard, can't you just hear the mosquitos? So can we. Chris is in the backyard draining these puddles with a bucket. Trenches didn't work, our soil is clay rich. Not sure how we'll deal with this in the future. On a positive note, the water has become to icky for the boys to play in. So I don't have muddy clothes to get clean.



This pot was an auction purchase. Coleman and his classmates made 4 or 5 of these together. This is the one that Coleman worked on those are his two flowers, left and middle.


I planted seeds on May 1st, here they are already! Sprouting proudly out of the organic soil. This gardening thing is just too much fun.


Here's a potted lime tree with a ring of mesclun around it's trunk.


G. Kitty likes this organic soil mix. I'm hoping the tomatoes do too.


The pears continue to grow.


Come and join us for a chat.


Coleman invented this character and is hoping that LEGO will make a kit of it. Anyone know someone at LEGO? I think he's talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment