Thursday, February 13, 2014

places: soquel cemetary





There is a certain quiet, lonely beauty to a cemetery. I cannot wander the grounds where the past is buried without contemplating the present and future. This walk through the unkempt grounds of our local cemetery did feel so quiet and lonely - like the new distance I felt from home - even when we were there. I was left a little raw from this walk through the centuries, through past and present wars, through lost children and wives and husbands. But I also left with a little more conviction to dig myself and family deeper roots where we find ourselves. Because it's the connections to people that I believe make meaningful a life. The people we touch and who touch us, and the good deeds we do and the love we share. So, if I haven't told you lately, please know you are often on my mind and always in my heart and I am so grateful to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment