Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Finishing

I read many books at a time, as I've confessed in an earlier post. It makes for slow reading at times. I now must confess I have a lot of works of art going at the same time. Many never get completed. They loose their pull on me or I just misplace them and move on. Last night I had a couple hours to spend in my studio and wanted to make something. Then it occurred to me to complete works I already had in the pipeline. It made me feel so very productive to come out of the studio with three completed pieces. Though, to be honest, I still would like to make a chain more perfect for the Buddha totem necklace. It's one of my favorite pieces, not because I think it turned out so well. But because I like why I made it. Each Buddha represents something I need to work on, compassion, forgiveness, patience, courage, and letting go. Their heads are hollow with gold inside to represent clearing of the mind and control. The pearl in the belly is wisdom. The second piece is a pebble necklace, I drilled a hand full of pebbles and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. This one is okay, I'm sure I can improve, but I sort of liked the spontaneity. The final piece I made the clasp for last night, it's a necklace with a clay bead I made oh so many years ago and made the beaded chain some months ago. It is going to find its way to my sister for her recent birthday. All those packages for the holidays still sitting in my hallway are going out this week - damn it. January is almost over. My January commitments are not slipping, they are just, like me, a little slow to mature.

I hope you all have a creative and otherwise productive day today!





No comments:

Post a Comment