Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Pictures


Halloween. It always seems like time speeds from October first to the thirty first in a flash. One moment I'm talking with the guys about what they might want to be this year for Halloween then suddenly I've got five minutes to make two costumes. Sometimes that works out okay. And other times it really was just plain bad planning. Like this year. That Samurai costume took sooooo long to make. Thankfully Max wanted to repeat his Ninja costume - otherwise who knows what would have gone down. The Samurai was part of Coleman's homeschooling experience. Coleman spent a lot of time researching Samurai armor and chose the Edo Period (sounds like Ed-oh). He found the symbol which  I used to make a stencil, he chose the colors, design and he spray painted, gold leafed and did some duct taping. I have to say, it was a lot of fun to make together. The labor was heavily weighted towards me, but it was so great having a willing helper once things started coming together.

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! What were you all for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment