Friday, September 9, 2011

And...The School Year Begins


I've been absent from this space. I missed you. You wouldn't know that I haven't been blogging to look around my house. It's a mess. I'm a bit of a mess, actually. I was overwhelmed before the school year began this week. I think I was overwhelmed with the summer, more than anything. It was long, busy and delightful, but we needed a change. That change came and I was ill prepared yet eager: Think tornado, better yet, think hurricane. That was my mind. I don't mean to complain. Change is always a challenge for me and mine, even when it is anticipated and welcomed.

Coleman met his new classmates on August 31st at a park in town and Max returned to school at Tara this Tuesday, September 6th. Max is thoroughly enjoying school. I think he missed it there, and missed his friends and teachers. For Coleman, classes will begin meeting regularly at school on Tuesdays next week. I have also found a really cool one day/week class about 45 minutes from here that I am hoping Coleman will go to on Wednesdays. Here's what part of the content of the class will have in it: "In this 8 week course, your child will learn archery, bee keeping, copper smithing, forging, stone arts, clay arts, wood arts and jewelry making." Hello! Sign me up!


Here's a picture of Max's school in the redwoods, Tara Redwood:





No comments:

Post a Comment