Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Walking Tour of Our Town

It occurs to me that most of you haven't seen the town we live in. Kitty and I went on a walk with the new camera a couple weeks ago and I'm just posting the shots now. I love this little town. It's unique, I think even for here. It's really a village, Soquel Village. I hope you enjoy the tour.

My favorite restaurant, Sawasdee Thai Cuisine, walking distance from the house, and a lovely blue/purple color. The inside is purple and Gam, one of the waitresses knows us by name. Love the spring rolls.

A view down the hill towards the village. This is the Congregational Church, a pretty site in the mist especially...

The Bagelry, a nice place to get a bagel and coffee in the morning, though we usually opt for the Ugly mug, coming up in a few shots.

Our neighbor, Pedro's restaurant, Chipoltle. Chris is the only one in the family who likes Mexican food, so he's the main patron of Pedro's in our house.

There are a lot of antique places in our village, it's a go-to spot for the folks over the hill, I'm told.

A produce stand and market very near our house.

And, last but not anywhere least, The Ugly Mug. Good coffee and good atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment