Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Progress & Rain

Progress. A word I love to say these days. A word I love to contemplate, roll around my mouth and bounce around my brain. It feels good. Progress. Yet, I find myself and my family still living in a trailer in our front yard. While the rain falls heavily on the earth and our trailer roof and rests in pools in our clay filled back yard. We need the rain, I welcome it for this reason. And I resent it for being so damn relentless.

But let's take a look at the progress, because it is much more interesting than me complaining about the much needed rain...

The insulation in, wall board being hung.


High window in the boy's room.


Loft in the boy's room.


Bathroom.


Living room looking towards the bedrooms and bath.


Master bedroom being taped and "mudded".


Boy's loft.


High window in the boy's room.


Living room, south wall. With the cement floor stain, it will be slightly less dark than this, they have to remove the residue tomorrow.


Kitchen.


Living room taken from the dining room.


Detail of floor in the process of drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment