Monday, November 25, 2013

read: Masterminds and Wingmen

Masterminds and Wingmen: Helping Our Boys Cope with Schoolyard Power, Locker-Room Tests, Girlfriends, and the New Rules of Boy World by Rosalind Wiseman has been an interesting read. There is a companion book for boys called: The Guide: Managing Douchebags, Recruiting Wingmen and Attracting Who You Want. Coleman spent a few hours with The Guide. He just began middle school and I feel like now is a great time for me to read Masterminds and Wingmen. Coleman hasn't experienced much of what Rosalind and her recruits (all boys between 11 and 20 years old) describe about growing up in Boy World. I confess, I found their description of Boy World confounding. In particular how internal a boy's world is. It's information that will certainly help me better understand my two offspring. And The Guide can be useful for their future selves. How to communicate without going into a full blown conversation for instance. Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment