Thursday, February 21, 2013

Eat: A Yummy Sandwich

This is such a delish little sandwich, a copy of one I had at River Cafe in Santa Cruz, with a few changes just because I didn't have pickled red onions (which I really must make). Anyhow, Chris and I have been eating this over and over and over and over...I think it's the lemon zest and goat cheese that make it so addictive. And it doesn't take much effort to make it all happen, that's nice.

What you'll need:

Goat cheese
lemon zest
sweet hot pickles, sliced thin (I use Toni Pacco's)
1/2 avocado, sliced thin
pepper jelly (I use Trader Joe's brand)
lettuce
sour dough bread, toasted (or GF bread)


How to fix it up:

  • In a bowl, mix together goat cheese and lemon zest - enough goat cheese to spread onto one slice of bread (or how ever many sandwiches you're making).
  • spread cheese onto toasted bread,
  • layer pickles, avocado and lettuce onto that,
  • spread your pepper jelly onto the other piece of toast,
  • put that onto your layers,
  • slice in half,
  • EAT!
I hope you make this and enjoy it. Chris likes a little chicken on his, I like mine vegetarian. Don't know how to make this vegan, but maybe you could try vegan "cream cheese" with lemon zest in place of the goat cheese. I've also made this without the avocado and it doesn't suffer much.

No comments:

Post a Comment