Monday, December 12, 2011

Magic Ocean


Life can be challenging sometimes. Even when things are going well, there can be bumps that seem insurmountable. I have nothing to complain about, mind you. Life for me with all its imperfections is actually pretty good. Still, it requires moments of rest and healing. I can think of one consistent, healing element throughout my life. The Ocean. When we lived on the east coast it was the Atlantic Ocean. Now, here in our little part of the world it is the Pacific Ocean. Walking along the beach in the evening (or any time, really) with my family brings us peace, together and individually.

The sound of the ocean is bigger than that of my children - when the loudest thing in the room is not one of my offspring I feel peace. The open sand invites children, dogs and parents alike to run and jump and stretch and look far into the distance - when moving bodies do not collide and I can see beyond the immediate I feel peace. The misty cool air encourages deep breaths - when these deep breaths slow into an even rhythm and restful thoughts plant themselves within me I feel peace. I feel peace just looking at the pictures from our latest walk on the beach, I hope you enjoy these images, too. Peace to you.






Go Kitty! Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment