Thursday, November 25, 2010

Field Trips This Week

This week Coleman's class traveled to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Max's class went to the Elkhorn Slough (pronounced Slew). I went on both trips and lived to tell the tale...


The Aquarium - I was unable to find my camera the morning we went on this trip. So, unfortunately I only got a couple pics with my phone. Above: In orange, Lucas and Coleman in "mini-me" mode. Note the sweatshirts over their knees. Also: Coleman and Cosgrove looking at an exhibit about conservation, the woman in the picture (which is a woman in the fridge) is talking about shopping locally and for food in season, etc.








On Wednesday Max's class went to Elkhorn Slough. (Slough: Widely used term for wetland environment in a channel or series of shallow lakes. Water is stagnant or may flow slowly on a seasonal basis. Where fresh water meets sea water.) We dissected owl pellets, and went for a 2.5 mile hike. I was able to take lots of pictures on this trip. The sun wasn't out the whole time, I would like to go back when it's sunny out and get more shots. I thought it was a beautiful place. The most exciting event was finding a rabbit head and entrails. Wow. The kids were intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment